Recording application screens w/ screen pops

May 02, 2023

I've recently began using Articulate Rise after a couple years absence.  I work for a company that built an application that flows through several screens that stack on each other for different work processes.  In the past, I've been able to use Rise to easily record processes from one screen to the next using the Step-by-Step slide options.

Since I've started using the same features the past couple of months, Rise refuses to capture anything except my first screen, and simply ignore/doesn't display any further screens, but just keeps recording that initial screen (even though it sits behind subsequent screens).  And, it's all in one Step/Screen/Recording.

I have not been able to figure out why Rise is not recording the whole session/all screens any more.

Help?

1 Reply
Angelo Cruz

Hi Tristan! Thanks for reaching out.

I understand you are trying to record multiple applications/screens on your computer. I don't believe Rise 360 has a screen recording feature or block. Could you be referring to a different Articulate 360 app such as Storyline 360 or Replay 360?

In Storyline 360, there is an option that you would need to check to show multiple windows during your screen recording. This option is called Move New Windows into Recording Area.

If you continue to have difficulties recording your screen, you may open a support case here. Our support engineers would be happy to help you further with your concern.