Reusing parts of a course in another course

Jan 10, 2017

Dear "heroes"

I have developed a labeled graphic for one course, and I want to reuse it for a new module in a new course. Is there a way of copying that material entirely as an entry (lesson) in the new course?

Thanks for your help

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lut! 

You can duplicate a lesson within a Rise course, but to have that one lesson be the basis of an entirely new course, I'd look at duplicating the entire course and removing/deleting the extra lessons that you don't need. So this would have to be the first step to the creation of your next course. 

I don't currently see an item on our roadmap to transfer or copy a lesson from one course into another, so I'd look at using the duplication of the entire course in the meantime and I'll also share this forum discussion with our team. 

You can always submit ideas or feedback here in the forums or use the feature request form here!  Let us know if you need anything else! 

Cass Netzley

Being able to copy a complete Rise course over to a fellow team member (in the same license group) would be really nice. However, if we had the ability to import in just one of the export types Rise is capable of now (SCORM, Tin-can, etc.), that alone would resolve that issue (along with the major issue of simply trusting the Articulate cloud's Rise save states).

^ Will properly submit as feature request. Apologies if it came off as I was trying to derail the OP's initial inquiry. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

No worries Cassie and you're always welcome to share here, or in a feature request, or both! 

We've got some items on our roadmap to allow you to transfer ownership of a course to anyone, and then some work on course collaboration (among members of your own 360 Team or another 360 Teams account) so we'll keep you posted on both of those as they get rolled out! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.