Reviewing with Rise

Apr 25, 2017

Hi There,

I've developed several cool courses in Rise. My biggest problem is reviewing the courses once complete. I really love Articulate Review, but currently, Rise is not supported in Articulate review. This is a difficult situation. I've used Reviewmyelearning in the past, and it works horribly with Rise. Now I can't really review my courses at all unless I want to go back to swollen email threads.

Any idea when review will support Rise. Hopefully very soon.

What are you guys doing to review Rise courses?

Lee

27 Replies
Sara Fromme

We've been inserting Rise courses into a Storyline slide as a web object. Turn off all of the player features to maximize the screen space.

It's not ideal but it does let us put the entire course into Review and we can collect some feedback that way.

We also provide a direct link to the Rise course so the SME can see what it looks like on their own devices.

Tricia Antico

Our team shares the same frustration with the SME and copyedit review process of Rise pages. Our Copyeditor has found a workaround that suits his purposes: he copies the entire web (Rise) page and pastes into Word. Then he can use the Comments and Track Changes features in Word to deliver feedback to the developer. Because the multi-authoring  feature for Rise hasn't been released yet (I am pretty sure), the developer must enter the edits manually. We consider this a temporary workaround, until the tool matures further and has a more robust reviewing/team editing capabilities. 

Tricia Antico

It's definitely not an ideal solution, but we are "making do" with it for now. The copyeditor opens the Rise page (the Preview version, not the "source" or development version) in his browser, clicks Ctrl+A (to select All), clicks Ctrl +C, opens a blank Word document, and clicks Ctrl+V (for paste). Then, if necessary, cleans up the pasted content in Word. He can then turn on Track changes in Word and/or use the Comments feature. 

Leslie McKerchie

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you may be interested in is:

Publish Rise courses to Articulate Review to gather feedback from stakeholders. Collect in-context feedback, follow threaded discussions, and mark comments resolved.

Here’s a quick tutorial on how to get started with this feature!

You can access all the Articulate 360 and Rise tutorials from this page.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Mary Gladding

Thank you for this feature! I've started using it and noticed one odd behavior (or possibly user error), e.g., when I add a Comment on lesson 6, this comment is carrying over to all the remaining lessons. If I add a comment to lesson 8, that comment is copied to lesson 6 and all remaining lessons. Please let me know if perhaps I added the comment incorrectly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.