Rise 360-Undo Action

Sep 07, 2019

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be a way to undo an action in Rise without losing everything. I accidentally deleted a table (I thought was deleting a row) and I couldn't undo the action. Is there a way to do that? If not, that really would be a helpful thing to create.

Thanks,

Kandice

52 Replies
Chris Roetzer

+1 for sure, IDK what tech would be required but def need a general undo for the course regardless of author on the team. Yeah the deleted block undo that's gone in seconds isn't particularly supportive.

In general, we need visibility into feature requests, ability to upvote and watch their status like "researching, doing/not doing, whatever. Docebo (though incredibly slow on getting features out) has an interesting UI along this line.

Josh Gorman

Agreed Chris. Docebo even recently updated their ideas portal to make it better and made a pledge to review ideas weekly. There are so many small (and large) changes that could be made with Rise that I would make it much more friendly and thoughtful. I would be happy to contribute ideas and help make Rise 360 a better platform for writers and learners!

Lindsay Unwin

Very frustrating that the undo button only appears for a few seconds. I deleted a process block that took in excess of 20 minutes to make (accidentally instead of clicking copy) . The trash can definitely should not be located next to the copy. What a waste of my time! An undo button is a basic feature that should a given.

Alyssa Gomez
Hi everyone! We've improved the visibility and functionality of the undo notification that appears when you delete blocks and lessons.

The new undo notification appears for 12 seconds with a timer indicator. If you need longer than 12 seconds, hover your mouse over the notification to pause the timer. You'll also see multiple notifications when more than one block is deleted.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement!
Aroha Yates

Thank you for your reply,

I think the problem is more than just the lack of ability to undo. I only selected a single row in the table to delete and the entire table was deleted forever so there is an issue with being able to delete a single row. I will not be building a table in Rise again until this issue is fixed because it is too risky.

Ari
Aroha Yates​
Instructional Designer Registered Office
​ph 03 9320 1000
Level 7, 14‑20 Blackwood St
North Melbourne VIC 3051
Aroha.Yates@aasw.asn.au
Postal Address
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital VIC 3050
www.aasw.asn.au

[cid:image593796.png@B1812061.C1940EE4]
[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/AASW

Gren Foronda

Hi Justin!

The Undo button appears when you delete blocks and lessons, but won't show up when deleting text (and tables) within the blocks. You can press the Ctrl+Z (Command+Z for Macs) keys to undo your recent actions. This should help get back the deleted table in your Rise course.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any additional questions or clarifications.

Rainy Williams

I agree.  Please make that button last way longer or be a permanent feature.  This is really aggravating that by the time you realize you deleted the wrong thing, it is already gone forever.  It is even more frustrating that this still seems to be an issue after all these years and all these users requesting for this to be improved.

City of Onkaparinga

Hi Alyssa, Can you please provide an undo button? People have been providing feedback for three years now. The shock of seeing all your hard work disappear takes longer than it does to notice the brief appearance of the undo button. 

Just lost a whole table with hyperlinks because I thought I was deleting a row, not the entire table!