18 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to the community, Claire!

Great question 🌟Our ultimate goal is to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), in which we're currently working on full-screen reader support in Rise. You can keep a pulse on all the latest features we're working on via our What's New page.

So far in Rise, we've increased the contrast for built-in course features, added alt text for images, added keyboard-accessible navigation ...and we're working hard to add more accessibility features. Stay tuned, and let us know if you have any other questions!

Renz Sevilla

Hi Reginald! 

We now officially support NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver, and TalkBack screen readers with Rise 360 courses. We released a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template® (VPAT®) that outlines the WCAG Level A and Level AA criteria conformance for Rise 360.

We also put together a journal where you can find all the details on the features we’ve enhanced in Rise 360 as we work towards WCAG 2.1 compliance. And we’ll keep this journal updated as we continue our accessibility journey. -  Rise 360: Our Accessibility Journey

You can also check out our planned Rise 360's features that support Section 508 guidelines

Nicola Roy

Hi, Should tabs interactions work with JAWS software? I've looked through the various accessibility threads but I can't see any mention of it. My module uses both Rise tabs interactions plus a storyline block tabs interaction and neither are working with JAWS. The user tells me that it reads the tab name but none of the content. Any advice? And is there a definitive list of interactions that do work with JAWS? Thanks, Nicola

Renz Sevilla

Hi Nicola! Great questions!

Though Rise 360 is still working hard on being more accessible, screen readers should be able to navigate to the content of the tab interaction. Using a screen reader to read per line, it should go through the tab titles first, and then the following content section of an active tab.

Could you please let us know which version of JAWS and which Browser you had trouble with? You can share your details and your course files with us by opening up a case here. Our support engineers will assist and test along with you!