Rise and Moodle Tracking

Jan 29, 2023

I'm a Moodle newbie who can't get his head around tracking. 

So far, I've got tracking that shows what a learner has viewed, but very little else. I want to be able to track how the learner has interacted with a series of multiple choice questions.

Four questions:

1) When I try to export my course, why is Track using quiz result greyed out? Additionally, I have a Course has no quizzes message even though the course has several multiple choice questions built into it.

2) Currently, my Moodle reports tracking with user hostile information such as, "The user with id '11' launched the sco with id '8' for the scorm with course module id '24'. Where do I get the information that tells me what 11, 8, and 24 refer to?

3) I tested the course by completing it and answering all of the questions correctly. Moodle reported this as below:

Number of attempts allowed: Unlimited

Number of attempts you have made: 1

Grade for attempt 1: 0%

Grading method: Highest attempt

Grade reported: 0%

If I completed the course and my answers were all correct, why is the grade reported a score of zero percent?

4) My trial an error approach isn't working. Is there an idiot proof video explainer anywhere that's a step-by-step guide through the settings you need for both exporting the SCORM package and the correct setting options on Moodle?

I'm using MoodleCloud 4.0.5, if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

4 Replies
Rachel Livesey

Hi there!

1) Is it grayed out or crossed out? IF it is crossed out, click on the lightening bolt and it will reappear.

2) Once you import your package into Moodle and have user data, you can find detailed information in the reports (it's on the first page of Moodle at the top, not after you hit enter.

3) WE are having a lot of trouble getting the scorm to integrate into Moodle in terms of tracking grades and have reached out to both Articulate and Moodle as well as been on many forums and have not gotten much feedback. Desperately seeking tracking information in terms of the graded elements, as it seems Moodle only wants to give completion. 

4) The tutorial Publish Your Course might be helpful. Unfortunately, you can only publish as scorm 1.2 for moodle integration from what I can tell.

I hope that helps a bit. I also hope we can figure out how to get the grading components to integrate correctly with the gradebook.

Best,

Rachel

Jamie Warren

Hi Neal,

I'm still very new to articulate and my institution is using moodle, and I've gotten the same result when exporting. The availability to report track quiz results depends on if you are using a full-blown course as opposed to a microlearning lesson. 

If you need a lesson AND a quiz, use a regular rise course, not microlearning. One post I found helpful was to convert the microlearning blocks to templates, and use in another course. https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Creating-Sharing-and-Reusing-Block-Templates

Jamie Warren

I am sorry for the delay! I forget to check this profile and I have missed several replies and posts. 

You'll have to make sure your LMS is able to display SCORM files and publish the course as SCORM 1.2.

I've attached a video below. Your LMS will look different In the SCORM settings, look for a 'grade' setting, and set to 'learning objects" completed. In my case, this will track % complete and report to the gradebook as either a 1 or 0.