Rise course is showing as complete in LMS even though quiz has been failed.

Nov 09, 2020

I have the quiz settings set to 80% to pass, require passing score to continue is on, quiz retries - unlimited, include in lesson count  - on. I have uploaded a scrom 2004 file to our LMS and even though I fail the quiz it still shows as complete. How do I fix this problem?

10 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Monica,

Typically a LMS tracks two related yet different states:

1. Course Completion
  2. Course Mastery

Note the wording used in your LMS may be different.

This means that a learner can complete an entire course, while failing to meet the mastery / passing criteria.

Using your example, the learner completed the course but failed to meet the mastery criteria, i.e. did not meet the  80% pass mark.

That circumstance still correctly counts as a course completion.

Monica Elliott

Thank you for your response Karl.  I completely understand what you are saying but I am looking for a way to make the course not show as complete until the viewer passes the quiz. As of now the LMS gives them a certificate of completion and we can't have that as it is a compliance course. Our LMS pulls completion from the scorm file and if I use Storyline it reports properly. 

Barbara Lenze

Hello, is there anything new here? We have exported our course based on Track using quiz result as xapi and implemented it in our LMS. The problem is that users can no longer access the course even though they have not passed the quiz. Instead, they should be able to access the quiz until they pass the quiz. Is there a solution here?