Rise course with no quiz tracking as passed/failed

Apr 10, 2018

Hi

I was hoping someone may be able to help. I have a Rise course which has no quiz component. I am therefore tracking using course completion as shown in the attached. It is the only option as there is no quiz in the course. I am exporting SCORM 1.2. 

When the course is finished it displays a status of  Passed - Score 0% - Completed on ...

I don't think it should be showing a score at all if there is no quiz component.

When I turn debug on in my LMS I get a warning: WARNING: Your course is tracking passed/failed statuses but it did not send any score.

In Storyline I would be able to tell it to report status to the LMS as complete/incomplete rather than passed/failed however in Rise there are no options to control this.

Can anyone shed any light on this, or is this perhaps a known issue? Any help to rectify would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
Shawn Absolam
Stuart Marshall

Hi - Try this edit to the exported files: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise/tracking-using-course-completion

We definitely need the completed-incomplete option (for non-quiz courses) added to the Rise course settings in the browser to prevent the need for this type of workaround.

I totally agree with Stuart. Our LMS needs a score set if passed is used, doesn't need a score for completed.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.