Rise

Apr 12, 2022

I have been developing Lessons in Rise (12 at this point) to be used collectively as the curriculum for a 9 month training class. Once I develop the courses in Rise, I also curate them in Adobe so that there will be a hard copy available to students. (I am at around 1000 pages so far… there is quite a bit of info in each Lesson)

Recently, I am feeling a little concerned about what would happen if Articulate no longer supported Rise. Is Rise is something that will be around for the long haul? My fear is that because it is not an actual file stored on my hard drive (like Storyline) that if Rise is no longer available, all the work will be for nothing. 

Thanks for any input you can provide! 

2 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

Good question. Rise is here for the long haul. So no worries there. 

Since Rise is form-based and generally an assembly product where you pull together your content and resources, you most likely have your resources in some other format that you're pulling from.

• I'd probably create a generic folder structure with the course name. Then inside have text and media folders. In that sense you have all your content and assets.
  • I'd also always maintain a published version in that folder (and add to it as I make updates), That way you always have every course offline.
  • In our presentations we generally recommend putting a lot of forethought into understanding the blocks and how they're used and then pulling the content into a structure where you've decided on the block type and what content goes in it. It could be as simple as text file or word.doc. At the point you're working in Rise, it'll be mostly inserting blocks and adding content. 
Billi Thompson

Tom - thanks for your response. Many of the Rise Lessons have been built after first building the content in MS Word. However, the most recent lesson I built, I skipped the MSWord version. As I finish each Lesson, I publish to Review. I also publish to PDF. 

My biggest concern was whether the platform was a pretty permanent thing or more of a trial option hanging out there. 

Have a great day!