Rise Example: Dog Care Basics

Aug 13, 2018

Articulate Rise Storyline Dog Care Basics

View course

With so many new Rise updates, I wanted to create a course showcasing what this awesome tool can do, using fluffy puppies and wagging tails. Dog puns/jokes are welcome in the comments section, even if they’re a little ruff.  😊

38 Replies
Trina Rimmer

Hey Natalie. Isn't this such a cool (and cute) Rise example?

Sarah did two things here. First, when she uploaded her cover image (the blue gif with the dog and cat), she unchecked the box next to "show in sidebar." This makes that cover image fade away as the course is started to reveal the red accent color.

Unchecked show in sidebarShe chose that red accent color for her course under Settings > Theme > Font & Color Customization.

Animated gif of accessing color themes in Rise

I hope this helped!

Program Development Department

Does anyone have a solution to creating a GIF with a transparent background? I make the animation in Storyline, but when I export the image as a video to convert to a GIF, the background becomes white. I need some way to make it transparent as a video. Help is much appreciated!

Tom Kuhlmann

You need to use a gif maker and then each frame has to be transparent. I use ScreentoGif which is free. 

Depending on the type of animation, I'd build it in PowerPoint and treat each slide as a frame. Then create the animation that way. Right click on the objects and save as image (PNG).

Then you need to import the individual frames into the gif app and save as .gif. 

Laurie Mascaro

HI Sarah -

I know this is an older post, but we're working on a project where we'd like to have an animated image in the cover photo  (where you have the dog pushing down the cat). We're having some difficulty figuring out what the size of the animated piece should be. We're creating an animation in SL 360 and converting it to a GIF. No matter what size we try to publish the video to in SL or convert to in the tool, everything is too big. We've even tried making the actual objects on the slide smaller - nothing works.

What was the size of your original animations in SL? What were the settings used in the GIF converter to ensure proper sizing? (We're using EZGIF.com.) The image is also pixelated, which we think is related to size but don't know for sure. Can you share some additional detail about how you created the animated dog/cat in the cover photo? 

Thank you!!