Rise Flashcard Activity - FONT size

Dec 22, 2020

I have several flashcard activities (duplicated for use again and again) but my problem is that the text size when highlighted and hovered over shows size 14 on all "back" of cards. however, the font appears very large in some instances and very small in others, with no consistency. You would think it's because some have more text than the other, but not the case. the ones with more text add a scroll bar and show a font larger than the 14 that is "appears" to be using. the font size on the next one without a scroll bar is tiny text, even though the font size also shows as 14. Has anybody seen this before? All cards on this attachment show font size 14 on back of card. 

10 Replies
Cheryl Powers

good afternoon - I have not heard any other response to this issue or explanation for why there is an inconsistent font size. If the color and size are the same in the edit mode, then they should remain the same size unless I change the font size myself. currently the font size and the padding is the same on all blocks. They are all in a grid, not a stack. I have attached additional pictures for demonstration.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Cheryl! Thanks for following up and I’m really sorry that I can’t share a firm date to resolve this problem.

We're careful about testing new updates to make sure we don't put other features at risk. Here's more information on how we identify and tackle bugs. You're in the right place, and we’ll share as much as we can, as soon as we can!

Julie Stelter

It's not perfect and adds more work, but we have resorted to using images with text if the lengths of the text are not equal. You need to add the alt tag, though.

I agree--another example of very poor development by Articulate and inferior customer service. I go through periods of time where I just can't look at these posts. I feel the community users are super responsive to other colleagues, and I value that and want to give back. There's a part of me, though, that feels like I'm paying for an inferior product and then also doing their customer service work.

I need a break and a new product. There's one out of Europe (can't remember country or name) that's good but it doesn't have accessibility features. They're working on it, though.      

I need a break!

Julie

Lee Millard

This issue was originally reported back in 2020, according to this post. It is now 2024. I understand that priorities are made when squashing bugs, but this is an unacceptable time frame for fixing a font size consistency issue. And while Julie's workaround may work, it is not a solution. Please escalate this 4-year old issue.