Rise knowledge check using a sl360 file instead of an image

Nov 12, 2021

I'm working on a rise course where I need to have a knowledge check question with a storyline file (instead of an image as in the default block) has anyone explored the possibility of this feature/modification? 

4 Replies
Eric Wasser

Hi Elizabeth, nice hearing from you and thank you for your response! Congrats on your IAAP Certification!

Not exactly, I am not looking to create a knowledge check in a storyline block. I am trying to embed a SL file in a rise knowledge check block. It looks as though you can use an embed tag and an iframe. Have you explored this? I can fake it visual, however it would be a different experience flow for screen reader users which would be a learning disruption. Therefore trying to solve. (see below)

Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hey Eric! Thanks for the congrats! I gave it a whirl and it looks like it does work. I'm hosting this Storyline course (which is a single slide) in Amazon S3 and then used the iframe code <iframe src="URL"></iframe> and replaced the URL with the S3 URL.

You'd just want to be aware of how big the content on your Storyline slide needs to be, since the embedded content is pretty small in the knowledge check. You could also do something like a text block with a solid color background that poses an initial question, use the same color background for your Storyline slide, insert the Storyline block with that color background, and then follow it up with a knowledge check block with yet again the same color block background for continuity sake. Hope that makes sense, but it does seem like your initial approach would work!