Rise Matching - Truncated Text

Apr 22, 2019

When using the matching knowledge check or quizzing feature, there appears to be a character limit on the match objects. Is there any way to increase this? I'm working with medical education and sometimes the descriptions in these are quite long.

I'm able to create what I need in Storyline, but it would be so much better to create a multiple activity lesson in Rise. 

Thanks, 

Derrick

28 Replies
Anthony Karcz

Hey, Derrick! Sorry that you're running into an issue here. 

To ensure that Rise 360 matching knowledge checks look awesome on any device, choices and matches have a 90-character limit. If you have time to log a feature request and tell us more about your specific needs, that would be super helpful!

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Edith Olexiuc

Is there any other way to create a matching activity that does not involve Quizzmaker?  That matching activity looks very outdated.  The one in Rise has a modern and clean look but the character limit is a problem.  I tried converting to a sorting activity but I had the same problem with character limits.  Please give me ideas, thank you!

Edith Olexiuc

I did, thank you!  I'm not sure how to share it in case anyone would like to get a copy. It's not anything super fancy but it does the job.  You will receive a message when the answer is correct.  I want to give credit to the website that published this and has a step by step guide on how to do this.  https://www.gaapdynamics.com/insights/blog/2019/06/18/create-a-freeform-matching-interaction-in-articulate-storyline-360/

Learning Design

Any update to this?  I'm also working on medical training and finding issues with a few templates: matching drag and drop and scenario.  The feature to extend characters would be a huge plus.  Seems like this issue has been around for a long time though and it's not changed :(  I could create them in Storyline but that defeats the purpose of using Rise.

Ty Wade

Nearly 3 years after the original ask regarding this issue, I am adding my vote for extending the character limit for the sorting activity. Can the extended text simply be wrapped such as with the flashcard feature? Not being able to use this feature due to the character limitation is definitely a missed interactive exercise opportunity for learners.

Brooke Doggett

Do we know where we are on this? In my opinion, this and allowing Mac users to download Storyline apps should be top priority. Even a graphic would work for this situation...it would cause more work, but at least I could create my text and save as an image. Most clients are going to give designers and developers more characters than 90. Please add this feature!