Rise Offline Videos don't work without internet??

Nov 30, 2020

Help!

I downloaded my Rise course for offline use. The computer has the internet shut off but now we can not view videos that were embedded in the course. The error states it can not reach the server but the videos are in the local assets folder. Therefore why is it trying to reach the server if the videos were downloaded to the local folder??

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kris. I'm seeing the same thing on my end with Rise 360 output. I compared it with web-exported Storyline 360 output with video, but the Storyline videos play fine.

I'm going to have a look at the Rise 360 output with my team to see if there's something we can change on our end to make videos play in offline Rise 360 courses. I'm sorry I don't have a timeline for a fix currently, but I'll post updates here.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kris. This community member shared a workaround to help with video playback while we have a look. I tested it, and this solution works:

It seems a change made to Articulate RISE's main.js file sometime in the past two weeks is preventing playback of videos within modules on people's hard drives.  Our dev traced it to this "crossorigin" tag - which wasn't in our exports for two weeks ago - when it's manually deleted, videos play fine.  

https://gyazo.com/2f9adc2c30d73052090bfab2a27344d4

Chino Navarro

Hello, Kris! In today's update for Rise 360, we fixed an issue where video blocks displayed an error message that the media cannot be loaded.

To correct the issue for an existing course, upload the affected videos again, then export the updated course for your LMS or republish it to Review 360.

You can check out the release notes here. Have a great day!