7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Marianne,

Were you using the Word equation editor or inserting the superscripts as symbols? I was able to successfully copy/paste if I used Word's Insert > Symbol feature and then copied/pasted it into Rise. 

A colleague was able to find some unicode characters for the multiplication symbol and the superscript 6 that worked (just a bit of web research to track these down) as that's what the other gentleman needed in his equation - so perhaps the unicode characters would work for you? 

I know it's something I've seen a few other folks ask about, so I did pass it along as a feature request to my team! I'll keep you posted here with any movement on that feature. 

Kelly-Anne Slatton

A big +1 for this feature(and being able to insert equations in general). Our courses are for certified financial planners so we use a lot of superscripts and subscripts. I had previously tried copying and pasting from regular text, which would convert r⁴ to r4, and pasting from word's equation feature which turned r⁴ into r^4. Glad to know the insert symbol process will work, but that's a lot of extra work for a little exponent...especially when you're doing it hundreds of times!

Patricia Peral

I have been able to copy and paste from specific sites. The site below seems to have the best variety and so far all of them have worked. 

Just make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page where it says symbols and descriptions. Certainly not ideal, but once you copy it into rise once, then you can copy within rise as well.

http://www.theasciicode.com.ar/ascii-printable-characters/space-ascii-code-32.html

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all, 

I wanted to give you a heads up that  we just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

One of the new Rise features is increased text formatting options, including subscript and superscript. I hope that helps with your writing equations in Rise!  Here’s a quick tutorial on editing text in Rise. 

You can access all the Articulate 360 and Rise tutorials from this page.

Let us know what else you need and keep the feedback on Rise and Articulate 360 coming!