Scenario publishing with unused character poses

Mar 28, 2024

Today I published a Rise course that contains a fairly lengthy Scenario block -- the scenario contains about 7 different characters, but only 2 poses of each.

The Scorm folder was a much larger file size than I expected, so I unzipped it to examine the contents, and found that there are many character poses that I never used! There are almost 90 pose images, when there should be no more than 15 or so. I think my Scorm would be 60-70 MB smaller without these extra files.

My LMS has strict file size limitations, so this is a serious problem for me.
The course is being translated into 16 languages -- I really hope I will not need to manually delete these files from every Scorm folder.

Is there a way to publish the course without these unused images? Why would they even be included in the first place?

5 Replies
Alissa Perez

I've deleted the unused images and tested on ScormCloud -- luckily it does not seem to affect the course at all. And the file size is reduced by 74 MB!

My only concern now is whether the images will all have the same file names when I publish translated versions of the course. If they do, I should be able to delete and copy in the right images without too much trouble. If the file names are different, I'll need to pick through each Scorm.

Either way, I'm just glad it's not going to delay the launch! Hopefully Articulate will fix this in the future.