Setting up a training for external contractors?

Dec 08, 2021

Hello!

I'm trying to find a way to let learners complete a rather long training in a few sessions, even though that training won't be in a LMS: I've been asked to set up a health and safety training for external contractors. Since they don't belong to our organization, they don't have access to our LMS. Since there's no other need for a training designed for people outside the organization, there's no plan to adapt the LMS for such a situation. 

I have something that almost works but I see no workaround for the last issue:

• The training has 15 lessons, divided into 3 sections.
  • Each section ends with a quiz. I was asked to require 100% success, and progress to the next section is blocked until the learner succeeds.
  • After the 3rd quiz, there's a special section to congratulate the learner, with a button/link to a MS Forms, where I ask the learner's identity so that they can receive the necessary documents to start working on our premises.
  • Since it doesn't need to be linked to other trainings whatsoever, and we don't even need to track the reuslts of each quiz, this is a solution that could be exported to a Sharepoint/our website. 
  • However, these 15 lessons in a single seating is a bit steep. I'd love to let the learners do 1 section and resume the next day. That's where I'm stuck, as it seems that this feature would require the course to be integrated to a LMS.

Does anybody have a suggestion, please?

1 Reply
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Miles! I agree that the last bullet point you have there would really require an LMS to resume where they left off.

If you plan on doing external training for outside people often, you can check out our other product, Rise.com. With Rise.com, it is easy to enroll and delete learners as you please.

Rise 360 and Rise.com difference:

Rise 360 is a course development app. Training developed in Rise 360 must be exported to a learning management system (LMS) for viewing, tracking, and analytics. 

Rise.com is an all-in-one online training system that gives you one place to create, track, manage, and analyze your training. Rise.com includes all the authoring functionality from Rise 360, plus a library of pre-built lessons on common business topics. You can also start creating your Rise.com course from one of many sample courses rather than starting from scratch. Once you’ve created a course, you can enroll learners, track their progress, and analyze training effectiveness—all within Rise.com. You can even allow learners to browse and self-enroll in training you make available in Rise.com. 

In short, Rise 360 lets you create courses only. Rise.com lets you create, distribute, track, and analyze courses.