Sharing Rise FIles

Jan 31, 2017

How do I share a Rise file that I am working on...so a colleague can work on the same file at the same time?

We both have Articulate 360 licenses.

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ben! 

We know this is a big one for folks, and that lots of you are waiting for it! I promise we won't keep you waiting any longer than necessary, but our team is still doing the final touches on this and we're expected to see it pushed out this quarter. We'll keep you posted here once it's released and you can also keep an eye on our 'What's New' page. 

Adriana Jamieson

Hi Ashley,

the copy/send feature lets us share a course at a point in time, however the minute it is updated it is no longer current.  

Is there a way for all 360 team members to see all the courses?  Similar to Ben's point - we don't want content to be locked away under individual accounts as we often use contractors who come and go.  Having visibility to all the content would also mean people don't need to share with others, and it would be handy if someone is away and something needs to be updated, or when someone leaves that we still have access to their created courses.  

If not, is this something that's on the roadmap?

Thanks

Hi Adriana,

We released the collaborators feature earlier this summer - take a look at the information here on how to get started with that. Changes appear immediately so collaborators always have the exact same course. 

If you wanted to make sure all 360 Teams members have all the courses, you could instruct them to add their colleagues as a Collaborator and go from there! 

If someone leaves, the course will still be associated with their Articulate ID for exporting/sharing - so they'd need to change the owner before they leave. 

Adriana Jamieson

Hi Ashley

One of our Rise course owners has left, and he has made me a collaborator for his courses - which means I have limited permissions.  Now that he is gone, how can I as the admin transfer ownership to me or someone else?

We'd still love a feature where the the admins can see and manage every Rise course developed in our 360 team.

Adriana

Hi Stu,

We can't merge accounts, but you could do one of two things:

1. Change your current trial account email to your work email, that way all the content will remain with your Articulate ID and you'll be able to access it once subscribed.

2. You could create a second Articulate ID using your work email, and once you do that you can "Send a copy" of from your personal account to your work account. 

Keep in mind, option #2 will only be for Rise content. If you've published anything to Review that will remain with your Articulate ID, so option #1 would be the best option for keeping all that contact intact.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.