Something went wrong - problems with publishing to LMS

Oct 13, 2023

Hi there

I`ve created already a lot of wbt`s in Rise. But now I can`t publish an existing course to the LMS .I published that one already in July. I get the message: Something went wrong. Please try it later

7 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Sabrina! I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering an error when publishing your Rise course for LMS distribution.

Are you able to publish the same course to Review 360 or for Web distribution? Were there any updates/changes made to the course from when it was last published? Would you be willing to share the course with us so that we can take a look?

You may open a case with us to work directly with one of our Support Engineers and share your course/files as necessary.

Johener Diaz

Hi! I have the same problem with a particular course... traying to publish from Powerpoint I got the same message: We're sorry, something went wrong with Articulate Presenter and it might closeSomething went wrong

I already try changing the name, create a new file by copy the slides one by one to the new file (some times this works) but this time the problem persist... it's really annoying

Steven Benassi

Hi Johener!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble publishing from Presenter 360!

Testing the behavior on my end, in the current version of Presenter 360, I was able to publish content to Review 360 without issues. Do you mind clarifying where you were publishing to when you ran into this setback? To Review 360, for LMS, or someplace else?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest performing a repair of Studio 360 to see if that improves the behavior. If still unsuccessful, please connect with our support engineers through a support case. They'd be happy to assist!

Johener Diaz

I was trying to publish it for a LMS; I'll try the repair option (hope it works) because this happen only with a few files, it´s not all the time:

1. Launch your Articulate 360 desktop app by clicking the Articulate icon in your computer's system tray (beside the clock) or by double-clicking the Articulate 360 shortcut on your desktop.
  2. Hover over Studio 360 until a drop-down arrow appears, then click the arrow and choose Uninstall Studio 360.
  3. When Studio 360 has finished uninstalling, reboot your computer.
  4. Launch your Articulate 360 desktop app again, then click the Install button next to Studio 360. A fresh copy of Studio 360 will automatically install.
  5. Reboot your computer again and test your software.
Jose Tansengco

Hi Johener, 

Since the repair didn't fix the issue, there's a possibility that a corrupted element in your presentation is preventing the publishing from completing successfully. We want to look at your presentation to verify if this is the case. Here's how: 

1. Create a package of your Presenter 360 course.
  2. Upload it as an attachment here or in private by opening a support case for testing. We'll delete it when we're done. 

We'll let you know what we find when we complete our investigation.