Splitting Course title on to two lines in Rise

Jun 07, 2017

Hi,

I have a course I am making in Rise. However I am unable to add a course title whereby the Main name of the course is on one line and the "tag line" is below. Even if I manage to do it in the editor view it then goes back to one line in the preview.

Any ideas?

11 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Sarah!

The text within the course title is responsive, meaning the margins will change depending on the device you're using. For example, if you view the course on a mobile device, the title will be split into two lines, like this:

Could you add a colon or a hyphen to differentiate the main title from the subtitle? You could also add a subtitle to the description box, and it actually looks like you already have a course description written there.

It sounds like the ability to customize the layout and format of the title a bit more would make life easier, so I'd be glad to pass that idea along to the team. Thanks for letting us know what you'd like to see, and be sure to reach out if you have any other questions!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Angela!

While there isn't a way to control the title font size, you'll see an improvement if you use both uppercase and lowercase letters. Would that be an option for you?

Here's another workaround: if you're on a Windows machine, you can type alt+0173 to enter a soft hyphen where you'd like the word to break.

The hyphen should only appear when changing the browser size forces a line break. Otherwise, there will be no space or indication that the hyphen is there.

Mandy Ha

Yes, but it doesn’t look so good. This would be a really good feature to add as I notice there have been others who have requested similar. In the meantime, we will have to reconsider our options.

Thanks,
Mandy

Mandy Ha

Learning Designer, Centre for Dementia Learning
Dementia Australia
155 Oak Street, Parkville VIC 3052
P: 03 9815 7800 | F: 03 9815 7801 | E: Mandy.Ha@dementia.org.au | W: www.dementia.org.au

[cid:imagebb6569.JPG@ca83f9d2.4f831fee]<https://www.memorywalk.com.au/find-an-event?utm