Storyline Dimensions when importing into Rise

Nov 26, 2019

I have been searching for an accurate and solid response to the question I am about to ask. It appears there is no clear cut answer and so, I am hoping someone can provide a response.

Here goes, I am building a course in Rise. I am going to be using the Storyline Block to add further interactivity. I used 16:9 and turned off the player controls. However, when I import the Storyline file into the Storyline Block there is padding on either side of the file (see attachment).

So, I took a screenshot and made my next Storyline sample 1170 x 630 and deselected each of the player controls until there was nothing that could be visible in the way of controls. I then had another look (using a different color sample) and it appears a frame was placed around the file.

The options it appears to be, turn off the player controls and use 16:9 and see the padding, or deselect the controls individually and have a frame around the Storyline Block.

Which leads me to my question, what is the optimal (best size) to create your Storyline 360 file if you are planning on using it as a Storyline Block within Rise. 

Please refrain from simply saying 4:3 or 16:9 because I have attempted this and the frames/padding appears in both instances.

I would really just like to know a definitive size like 1000PX x 700PX or something like that. A dimension that has been tested by the Articulate team and one that works well. 

I appreciate any and all assistance with this one.

6 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Kirk,

I'm not sure why you are seeing a frame around your block, but you do have a number of options in settings that may give you what you want.

In the example below, I have replicated your attached image using the following settings:

a.  Story size    720 x 405 (16:9)

b.  Modern Player, light background, menus and controls turned off

In addition, I have also adjusted the settings in Rise for a white background (hex ffffff) and a story size of medium (default is small and other options are medium and full width)

If you are still having problems, just get back to me here.

Kirk Wilson

Hi Ned,

Thank you for your responses. I did a bit more exploring and it appears that Storyline Blocks in Rise prefer if they are created at the specific dimensions rather than resizing a pre-existing course in Storyline (I was being lazy). I also found that using 960x540 works well if you are considering using Vyond animations within your Storyline project, that you intend to import into Rise. 

Anyways, I do appreciate your assistance, time and effort with your responses.

Cheers,

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.