Storyline item to open in new window from Rise

Mar 13, 2023

Hello everyone,

I'd like to kindly ask for your support with a project I am working on. I would like to include a Storyline 360 built content in a Rise 360 project. More importantly, I would like the Storyline content, when accessed, to open in a separate window. 

Could I do that? If yes, how? Any settings to consider in Storyline or Rise?

Thank you,

Corina 

2 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Corina! You can definitely add your Storyline 360 projects to your Rise 360 course. This article explains how to embed Storyline 360 courses in Rise 360.

Storyline blocks will play within the same tab, there isn't a way to open the Storyline content in a new window on a desktop computer. However, the interaction will open in a new window when learners view the course on a mobile device.

I hope this helps. Have a  good one!

Justin Harvey

Hi Corina.

You should be able to use some JavaScript in your Storyline activity to detect if the content is running in an iframe or not.

The following code just opens the activity in a new window automatically, but it could be tweaked to display a button that says 'Open in New Window' or similar that triggers the window.open code.

if ( self !== top ) {
    //It's in an iframe
    window.open(window.location.href);
} else {
    //It's not in an iframe
}

I've only tested this in console, but I imagine it would work using the 'Execute Javascript' trigger.

Hope that helps.