86 Replies
Karl Muller

I completely understand and support that audio is required for learners with disabilities and visual impairments, ESL, etc.

For our audience, based on the nature type of work that they do, cannot have physical disabilities like visual impairments.

Based on student surveys and testing, almost without exception, our specific audience prefers not to use audio, as "audio slows down" their learning process. This refers to audio narrations of screen text and would likely include text-to-speech.

Our content is not available to a general audience.

Andree-Anne Hebert

It all depends, right. not every case is the same. Our company has received a lot of requests for this feature because they complete their courses on a work computer that does not have assistive capabilities included. Our employee base is quite varied and not everyone has their own devices to complete this on, so this feature would help greatly. 

Samantha Kelly

I think it is important to remember that everyone learns differently - some through listening, watching, reading, and others may be hands on learners. 

While text-to-speech isn't necessarily a requirement, it is nice to have when you want to include audio but not record a narration.

Slowing down the learning process or making them pay attention to the explanation? Most learners, especially adults try to speed through the learning processes because they feel they will get the most learning out of "just doing it", but from my experience, that is not always the case and at times, they miss a lot of key points.

Cary Glenn

That sounds like you are arguing that learning styles exist and that is just not true. 

TTS won't solve learners trying to get through a course as fast as possible. To solve that problem you need to make the learning more useful, engaging, or practical. TTS won't get away from the info dump of too corporate training courses. 

Samantha Kelly

You're saying there's not different learning styles? Just based on what I have learned along the way, there are at least 5 that I have encountered but some would argue there are 7 or 8 different learning styles.

I totally agree that TTS won't solve the issue of learners trying to speed through the course, I am just saying that having it would be beneficial to those who prefer it over recordings.

Karl Muller
Cary Glenn
Steven Benassi

Hi Katrina!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any updates to share at this time as our development team prioritizes other features. Not to worry! I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Have a great rest of your week!