The sound of a word

Dec 12, 2016

Hi

I would like to make a course for kids, where they learn to speak Danish. So Here i will put in a lot of pictures, and the idea is that when the child click on different elements of the pictures, then a text will show how up telling what it is and at the same time you can here it.

Is that possible in here?

Best

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mette,

Sounds like a cool course you're building! I think you could accomplish this using one of two elements of Rise.

The first would be the labelled graphics (similar to the example here from David). You'll see that one doesn't have audio included currently - but I recorded a quick Peek video of how you'd add the audio within the Labelled graphic. It's important to note that in David's example the initial screen you're seeing is one image and that's what you'll want to do for your graphic as well, and then when clicking on the individual markers you can add the individual items and audio within them for each item. 

The second option would be to use the timeline element, and the end of the previous Peek video showed how to add the audio in there as well again associated with the image. 

Really excited to see what you come up with and hope you're able to share with us! I'd love to learn some Danish too. :) 

Bret Jorgensen

Hi Mette, 

I think Rise is a perfect solution for this type of learning - and having Danish heritage (i.e. Jorgensen), I feel compelled to jump in on this one. 

I'd use a Labeled Graphic with text and recorded audio on each marker.

Here's a quick sample of what I'm thinking: https://rise.articulate.com/share/jgXwDFAW6JNlgYxM

Hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.