Themes - how is this a priority release?

Jul 19, 2022

My five cents on these new "functions" .
On the positive side, i can see freelancers appreciating this function with many different customers and some more look and feel options to differentiate.
But...
I want to voice my concern on the priority choice of releases.
Themes was not the missing piece i have waited for. I am not a free lancer.
I think in our company we have maybe around a hundred licenses globally..? or there about.. 

I  wish for the pedagogical tool development to gain more strength, smarter functions for separating measurements/ combing results etc...flexible navigation settings etc..
And yesterday was that delivery time.
It simply is not a competitive setup at this point.
My assigned tool hurts the business.

I would hope that priority would be to gain storyline basics (minus the programming)  made in a rise way.
A simpler list then that is not needed.
That is the basics. Bare minimum.

A few  examples, improvements and flexibility needed on the rise quiz function.
-Real branching based on answers
-Only view the questions you didn't pass and option or mandatory to take them again
-Scoring on answers / choices..
Additive quiz results, from several quizzes, to total completion/passing the course.

And that is just a few of the things i know are done in storyline, that i want in rise.

I can live with the current limited layout options for a while longer, if we see progress on the above , what i think is basics today.

From my perspective, i hope to see coming releases that has value for the course development side of rise.

Im sorry to say i dont see a priority  development value in the recent changes/additions. Someone has obviously put their time and resources into this, so i just want to say, i think it was the wrong way to use your resources.

I am frankly quite surprised over this themes release especially in terms of function delivery / resources priority.

If i needed themes, i needed a global set of themes. Meaning anything under my domain/team could change where ever it is in the rise system. Not course by course.

On yet a positive note , very much looking forward to the already communicated media library implementation, in the rise way.

But for me the basics still has to come first.
Functional and intelligent flexible quiz / knowledge data gathering functions based on sound pedagogical principles. 
All other things are priority 2 and below.

2 Replies