Themes seem to have changed my branding

Sep 27, 2022

Hi there,

I had set the branding colours on my courses, now with themes it seems to have changed the colours slightly and I can't get it back.

I also have a large 'continue' bar instead of a continue button, I'd like to keep that as originally designed too.

Grateful for your advice :)

Thank you

5 Replies
Julie Stelter

Hi,

Ahhh..."The new Themes should not have changed what you had before," yet it did. I haven't been playing with Themes in a course I just opened after about 2 years. The only issue I have is the image header is now blueberry-shaded because that is what the theme color changed it to. I used to have a custom color that was close to blueberry. I can live with blueberry, mainly because I like the name, but I can't live with a blue opacity color on the heading. Please see the screenshot.

Feeling Blue in Wisconsin,

Julie

Karl Muller

Hi Julie,

None of our courses ( > 100) have been impacted by the new Theme feature.

In our case, the selected Theme Color is not applied to the Course Image.

Likewise Opacity does not impact the Course Image color.

BTW you can adjust or remove the opacity from the Course image.

What does the image look like outside of Rise?

Julie Stelter

Hi Karl,

The last question is a good one. But to no avail. It is still blue background. I see where I can change the opacity by percentage, but I can't change the opacity color. That color is drawn from the theme color.

To help other people I suspect the blue background is because the image's background is transparent and I need to make it solid white—that change I can understand. However, I need to test it. If I want to add a black opacity instead of blue, I need to do it outside of RISE, upload the image, and select 10% opacity. 

I think before you could choose the cover image's opacity color separately from the custom color. Is that correct?

I'll be in touch with my test results.

Julie

Karl Muller

Hi Julie,

There is no relationship between color and opacity.

When you adjust opacity for an image, more opacity will make the image appear darker. No opacity will make the image appear normal.

This definition from Adobe:

Transparency & Opacity
In digital photography, transparency is the functionality that supports transparent areas in an image or image layer. Certain image formats do not support transparency. Opacity is the extent to which something blocks light. You can change the opacity of layers, filters, and effects so that more (or less) of the underlying image shows through.