Tips on where to place a "Tips for technical issues" -sheet in an Articulate Rise course

Oct 06, 2021

I don't know, if this is the arena for asking this kind of tips, but I'll give a try anyway :-)

I'm about to publish the very first course that I have made to my client organisation in Articulate Rise using LearnWorlds LMS. Some users in the test group had had problems with the images and videos, which did not load until they realized that they needed to refresh the course page.

In order to avoid this kind of common issues, I would like to add a sheet "Answers to the most common technical issues" or something including tips like "refresh the page" or "make sure that you have the updated version of the browser" etc.

Does anyone have tips, where should this kind of technical tips sheet be placed in the course? I would like it to be available whenever the problem appears, but I cannot find a way to add it to the header of the course player or so.

I would be more than happy receiving some ideas or experiences on this from you more experienced ones. Thank you so much!!

6 Replies
Inka Nokso-Koivisto

Thanks for the reply, I'm afraid that might be the only option. I was actually trying to figure out a solution with which there would be a link that's available not just at the beginning of the course, but if the problem appears at the later stage of the course. The course takes several hours and is meant to be completed in several sessions. When participants get back to the course after logging out they are not supposed start from the beginning everytime.

Kathy Faber

Hi Inka,

Did you ever get your Storyline course to work inside of LearnWorlds?  I'm using LearnWorlds as an LMS since they have a mobile option.  I'm trying desperately to make Rise 360 work inside LearnWorlds but it's a mess (duplicated menus, etc.)

I've been instructed by Articulate IT to use Storyline instead and create a separate Storyline course for every activity, but the Storyline learning curve looks unsurmountable

Did you ever get your Storyline course to work inside of LearnWorlds?

Kathy

Inka Nokso-Koivisto

Dear Kathy,

Yes the course is working well, no problem (I didn't find solutions to the problem mentioned above though).

I made the course in Rise and use couple of Storyline activities in it as well. The course is downloaded there as a SCORM file and I use the Single Activity Course form in Learnworlds, so the student enters straight to the Rise course and the LearnWorlds menus etc. are not shown at all.

Inka