Trados and xlf file (prblm importing file)

Apr 05, 2023

Problm with translation file and compatibility with inhouse software for translation (trados).

I am requesting support for two things
1 -> force the "source langage" as fr-FR when I export the xlf file (for now the source langage is en-USA) and because of that, the software reject the file.

I managed to contour the problm in changing the code inside the file about langage source .

2 -> the translation departement translated the file xlf but now the importation doesn't work. It is uploading for ever. No error message, i don,t have any clue on why it doesn't work

Thanks for your help (I tried to send a ticket to the support but here again, I have a message error explaining the sending adress for the request is incorrect . 

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Rachel, 

Good cool on opening a support case! It looks like my colleague Johnrey is waiting for you to upload an untranslated copy of the translation file to continue investigating the behavior you're experiencing. At your convenience, please upload a copy of the untranslated XLIFF file here.

I also added this support thread to a feature request that we already have open for the ability to set the original source language in translation options in Rise 360. We'll be sure to let you know when this feature makes it to our roadmap!