Transferring Content to a New Team Member Without a Free Seat

Apr 12, 2022

Is there seriously no way to transfer content by folders, or to assign a new seat to a NEW USER without having a vacant set to add them to?

We've recently lost 3 team members responsible for large portfolios, and have hired 3 replacements. Not only do I have no shared folder structure (a feature requested 3 years ago), but now as the Account Manager, I have to reassign all the content. Here's what that looks like:

1. Remove departing team member from Team.
  2. Transfer all content to myself (because we don't want to purchase another license so I can add the new team member first, and you cannot assign a new person to a seat without first removing the previous person).
  3. Invite new team member to Articulate 360.
  4. Wait for them to accept.
  5. INDIVIDUALLY CHANGE THE PERMISSIONS on a HUGE portfolio of content, title by title, to add the new team member - because there seems to be no facility to transfer an entire folder of content to anyone.

This is insanity. It's going to take hours to transfer content back and forth to the new users, when all I should need to do is give the departing employee's seat to a new employee so they inherit all the associated content.

Shared folders were requested THREE YEARS ago. And today I discovered that you apparently expect us to buy an extra seat in order to facilitate moving content from a departing employee to a new hire??? I'm sorry if my frustration is apparent, but that's probably because I am so frustrated. This shouldn't be so difficult. Let me allocate a seat to a new employee and transfer the content over in ONE ACTION, at the very least - but ideally, if we pay for Team licences, give us the tools to work as a TEAM within a shared folder structure and allow us to control permissions on folders instead of individual content items.

ALSO: This would alleviate the issue of having different versions of a document in Review 360, depending on who published each. It's insane. If the original author publishes to Review 360, they distribute Link A. Then they're away for a day and I'm asked to make changes, so I do... and I publish the changes to Review, but I have to distribute Link B. Reviewers then go in and make comments on Link A, either because they haven't seen Link B yet, or because they (logically) assume that the links are the same. This is causing an extreme amount of confusion and extra work.

We're paying for 'team' licenses, but we're not getting 'team' functionality. :( All we're getting is the ability to individually grant additional people edit rights to our content, and an extremely laborious process of transferring content between team members.

Pinned Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

14 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey folks. You can add the new people as admins to your Articulate 360 team; admins don't need a free seat. When you're removing the other people from the team, you can choose the new admins to receive the content, and they will automatically fill the vacated seat. This article has more detail about managing content when users leave your team!

Michaela Cheetham

Hi ,

We have a slightly different issue in that we just want to transfer content from one team member to another.  The original team member hasn't left and we still need them on the team but we want another team member to have their content without having to login as the original team member.  How do we do that?

Thanks.

Christopher Santos

Hi Michaela,

You can still remove the user and then select the option to transfer the content to your other team member.  Once that is done, you can just re-invite the user back to your team.

And while you should be able to swap users in and out of seats, there is a limit per year as explained here

Michaela Cheetham

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for replying,  I've now successfully transferred the content to another team member but the email invite to the original seat has failed twice now.  The email address is a general organisation inbox email address which we use for the spare licence, and is very much needed.  Any ideas on how to get the invite through?

BW,

Michaela

Ps. Also is there a way to rename the transferred folder (at the moment it is the name of the original seat member?

Michaela Cheetham

Hi Alyssa,

It's the same in both of them (Rise360 / Review360).  Only shows the trash can icon to the right of it. There are sub folders within the Spare License folder , could that be the reason the main folder cannot be edited?

Thanks,

Michaela

Chino Navarro

Hi Michaela. Thank you for the screenshot. Normally the New Folder button should be below all of your folders, but in your screenshot, it is in the middle. Also, the trash icon looks cut off. This makes me think the issue might be with the browser. I recommend doing the following:

1. Try using a different browser, such as Google Chrome.
2. Make sure your device and browser are both updated.
3. Could you try and toggle your browser's zoom and see if the pencil icon will appear?
4. Clear your browser's cache.
5. Restart your device. 

You mentioned that there are subfolders in the Spare License folder? Could you send me a screenshot of what it looks like?

Michaela Cheetham

Hi Chino,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've done everything listed above and still no change.  We use Google chrome as standard but I've also tried Edge but no difference.  All up to date, zoomed in and out, restarted twice for good measure and cache deleted.  Nothing makes any difference. 

The issue is with the dividing line between the course list and the side menu on articulate.com for the folder that was transferred from a different team seat. I can add a new folder and rename it - the pencil icon shows as normal, but it doesn't for the transferred folder.

Have attached a screenshot of how sub-folders are displayed within the Spare Licence folder.  Just the tiles of the course titles separated by a divider line and the sub-folder title.

Wasted too much time on this already so will most likely have to stick with the Spare Licence folder name but you might want to look at it for future issues.

Thanks.

Michaela

Rise 0

I give Robbi a +1!!
(having a long time ago sent an extensive document to Articulate R&D about this and many other things..)

Robbi says hours , try days.. And then you need to verify the transferred content as well, because the content is not always transferred :) , because if it was shared by others there might be an issue.. All this has been reported extensively as well to Articulate some time ago. I was informed they understand the issue and are working on fixing it.

Luciana Piazza

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.