Transferring ownership of Rise and Storyline to another team

Mar 06, 2024

I have courses built in Rise and Storyline that I want to transfer ownership to someone else. I've got a personal licence. They have a teams licence. I'm not a member of their team. I want them to have the course, so that I can delete my copy of it and its resources. They will be delivering the course using Reach 360.

If I build a course in Rise which includes Storyline content which has been published to Review then incorporated into Rise, then I transfer the ownership of the Rise course to some other party, then I delete the Storyline assets I'd published to my Review, will they remain in the destination owners course? I need to be able to delete the resources from my own Review for legal/IP reasons.

The documentation about content ownership doesn't mention content added from Review, such as Storyline content. https://community.articulate.com/articles/articulate-360-teams-understanding-content-ownership-and-transfer-scenarios?utm_campaign=elh_search&utm_medium=internal&utm_source=elh-referral 

Does the destination owner have to open copies of the .story files I provide, then publish them to their own licence, then re-include them in the Rise course? 

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Tim,

Happy to help!

When you send another author a copy of your Rise 360 course, embedded Storyline 360 blocks will also be included. The only restriction here would be the new course owner won't be able to make any changes to the embedded Storyline 360 block without having access to the original Storyline 360 project file.

If you'd like to give the new author of your course the option to edit the Storyline 360 block, consider sending them a copy of your Storyline 360 project file so they can publish a copy of it to Review 360 for embedding

Let me know if you have any questions!