Trial version user

Mar 09, 2021

I have been working to build content in the trial version of the software.  I saw where some features may be limited due to it being a trial.  Can you share if the ability to insert my own video and flashcard content is one of these limitations?  I was able to build and edit my stacks and able to insert the place holders of video and flashcards but unable to edit them so I would have an example to show my manager in hopes of purchasing the full version.  

Am I missing something or are these features restricted with the trial version?  

6 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Michelle,

To replace the default media after creating a video block:

• Select the Edit button on the left side of the block.
  • On the side panel that opens, click on the Edit button that appears to the right of the thumbnail and the current filename.
  • On the drop-down, choose Replace video.
  • Choose your own file.

To replace the default media after creating a flashcard block:

• Select the Edit button on the left of the block.
  • On the side panel that opens, a list of the current flash cards will be displayed.
  • For each card (both front and back) you have these options available using the drop-down: Text, Centered Image, Full Card Image.
  • To replace default images, find the image in the card stack, select Edit to the right of the thumbnail, and then choose Replace Image.
  • To add more cards, scroll to the bottom of the card stack and choose Add.
Michelle Jones

Thank you for your help Karl, but I'm  not seeing any edit buttons on the left side of my block when I go to make changes.  

I created a ew rise document.  I was able to create a module, put in all the written content and activities that I wanted.  There is an edit button on my main rise page next to my module/lesson that takes me back into my module making me think I can make changes.  However, once I'm there I don't have the ability to change out any media or pictures,  I can only edit the text on the blocks.  That's why I was wondering if it might be restricted with the trial version.  I'm liking everything about this so far and it has been relatively easy to navigate except for me tying to input my own video or images into the blocks.