Uploading a video on RISE

Aug 31, 2018

Hi everyone.

I have some SL blocks that I published as videos. When I upload them into Rise, they don't show an image of the video, just a blank grey screen with a play button. The video still plays fine but I think it would be much cleaner looking if the play button had an image behind it. Is there a way to fix this?

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Wanda!

Can you tell me more about how you added the videos to Rise? 

• Did you publish the Storyline content to Articulate 360 and insert it as a Storyline Block?

-OR-
  • Did you publish the Storyline content to Video and insert it in a Video block?

If you inserted it in a Video block, Rise will display the first frame of a MP4 video as the thumbnail. You can use a video editing tool like Replay to add an image to the first frame of the video, then re-publish the video as a MP4 file. 

Debbie Heunis

Hi

Thanks yes you are right, below is what the user will see, which is not very attractive. I never had this problem before. Only change I have done is : I do have to scorm my storyline file to html only to avoid the tin can issue with cornerstone and I don’t know if that is the reason why its changed. The view they should see is screenshot 2.

Crystal Horn

Thanks for that image, Debbie. I opened a case with my team so we can have a closer look. You'll receive a confirmation email with an upload link. Can you use that link to share your Storyline 360 project with us? It'll help us troubleshoot to have a look at the content. We'll delete your file when we're done testing. Thanks! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi TomorrowLab Crew!

Is the first frame of your video a blank white screen? If so, use a video editing tool to trim off the first frame, then reinsert the video file into Rise 360.

If the first frame is not a blank white screen, share the video file with us by clicking here. We'll test it on our side and let you know what we find!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.