Uploading Custom Characters for Rise Scenarios

Aug 09, 2023

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any movement on allowing a content creator to use custom characters for the scenario sections in Rise?

I would like to use brand-specific cutout shots that we took to give our courses a more company-oriented appearance.

Thanks!

3 Replies
Brian Cook

Hi Judy. I saw a tutorial a couple of years ago about replacing characters post-SCORM production. My only issue with that is that you would have to do that after your very LAST output, and then you can only verify after publishing.

It would be great if there were a way to upload custom characters for editing within Rise (and Storyline) before publishing the SCORM.

I hope that made sense. 

Judy Nollet

Oh, yes, your idea makes sense.

FYI: You could submit a feature request here: Help Us Improve Our E-Learning Software by Submitting a Feature Request (articulate.com).  However, submitting a request doesn't guarantee that Articulate will implement it.

I don't work for Articulate, so I can't speak for them. But here's my opinion: It might seem like an easy ask, but the scenario block has a lot of built-in functionality that relies on the standard poses available for Articulate's stock characters.  Thus, the difficulty of adding the ability to use custom cutout characters is probably greater than the potential benefit to the limited developers who would use the feature. 

You can use custom characters in Rise outside the scenario block. See these links for some examples:

And, of course, you can use custom characters in Storyline.