Using Hotspots in Process or Tab in Rise

Apr 30, 2020

I'm looking to put together some training courses, and I have a question. I would like to use the hotspots (like in the labeled graphic) in the Process (or less preferable, but still acceptable for this use) Tabs. Can I do that through Rise? I want the users of this course to have to click on the button for the application I’ll be mirroring via screenshots (I know the hotspot won’t have a trigger set to it (a la Storyline), but I just want them to practice clicking on the button anyway). There might be 5 or 6 steps in this process, but the course is going to need a lot of different types of blocks including interactive one so, is there a solution that would not adversely affect the entire course I’m working on?

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jason! This would be the perfect opportunity to use a Storyline block

Storyline 360 allows you to record your screen, then you can automatically generate a step-by-step interaction for learners to click the appropriate hotspot on each step. 

Be sure to completely hide the Storyline player so the step-by-step interaction will seamlessly blend into your Rise 360 lesson.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.