Using question banks with knowlege check blocks

Mar 08, 2023

I've set up my question banks, and inserted them as a knowledge check block, but I can't make it ask all the questions. I want all 10 questions not just 1 of 10. Is there a way to change the number of questions  that get asked? Or do I have to insert 10 different knowledge checks with 10 specific questions?

I don't want to use Quiz because I'm trying to keep the questions in the lesson as this is helping me with branching (there are four lessons and I want them to chose one and do one set of questions).

11 Replies
Athletics Canada

That's not my question.

I have a question bank with 10 questions. I would like to insert those 10 questions into a lesson via knowledge check block (there's an option to draw from the bank). I just want to put the entire bank in my lesson. I can put ONE question from the bank in but I can't see how to put all of them in.

The screen shot shows "1 of 10" but I'd like it to be "10 of 10". It seems to be implied below "questionS" that it's possible.

Gren Foronda

Hi there!

Currently, the Number of questions in draw option is included when drawing questions from the bank for Quizzes, but not for Knowledge Check blocks. We're tracking requests for this feature for the Knowledge Check block, and we'll let you know of updates that can help!

Let us know if you need anything else!
Molly Kamper

Annual check in :) - Hoping a staff member can provide an update on this feature request.

And in the meantime, can I assume the following regarding the Knowledge Check Block using a Question Bank?

1. I can pull a specific question or a random question to a Knowledge Check Block.

2. Random draw questions can only be used if you are using only one Knowledge Check Block.

3. If Random draw questions are used in multiple Knowledge blocks you may end up with repeated questions

4. Only Quiz Lessons keep track of which questions have been used from the bank to ensure there are no repeated questions.

Thanks in advance!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Molly, 

Thanks for letting us know you're interested in this feature. I added your voice to the feature request and we'll notify you here when the option to increase the number of drawn questions for knowledge check blocks gets added to our product roadmap.

You also raised great questions that I'm sure other community members are interested in hearing about as well! 

1. Yes, you can pull a random question from a Question Bank to a Knowledge Check Block. Only one question will get pulled.
  2. I'm not quite sure what you mean here, but random draw questions can be used multiple times in a course.

3. Yes, that is correct. Right now, there isn't a way to get multiple knowledge check blocks to "talk to each" other so they'll know which questions have already been drawn.
  4. Questions might repeat if you draw questions from the bank that exceed its total number of questions. Here's an example: 

The Test question bank only has 4 items. That means that after the first draw, all the questions in the second draw would be a repetition of the first set. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Molly Kamper

Thanks for the response, Jose and for adding me to the feature request.

To clarify what I meant by #2 is that you really can't use the random draw with more than one knowledge check block in a single lesson that is drawing from the same set of questions. For example, if you use 3 knowledge check blocks at the end of a lesson and draw from the same word bank randomly you will likely end up with repeated questions.

Thanks for confirming my other conclusions!