Video thumbnail oddly pixelated and discolored

Sep 13, 2022

I've noticed the fantastic image quality of the thumbnails on your stock courses, but I can't seem to replicate that on my own courses. When I upload a video into Rise, the self generated thumbnail of the first second of the video is pixelated with a wonky color. It looks awful. That's not the way the Rise stock courses look. What am I not doing? What video settings or export settings need to be used to have my videos look as good in Rise as they do out of Rise?

(examples - How to Stick to Your Goals - Rise stock course - looks great, other video image is my course and looks horrible)

12 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hello Kim,

Thanks so much for reaching out! Sorry to hear you are running into pixelated video thumbnails. I understand your frustration!

I see that you opened a support case and you are working with my colleague Robert. Great call! You are in good hands. 

We'll continue the conversation over in the support case.

Hope you have a great day and happy developing! ✨

Lea Agato

Hi, Liyana! Sorry to hear you're having this issue with your video thumbnail in Rise. We'd be more than happy to troubleshoot your course so we can provide you with the appropriate solution. Would you mind opening a support case here? Our customer support engineers will reach out and work with you directly to resolve your issue. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Peter! One possible reason you're seeing degraded thumbnail quality in your uploaded videos is that the video is being "stretched" to display larger than its original resolution. We can validate this by taking a closer look at the video file you've uploaded to Rise 360. You can share that video file with us by opening a case here, and we'll delete it as soon as we're done testing! 

Eric Santos

Hello Solon and Dorsa,

I'm sorry for the trouble with the video thumbnails in your Rise 360 courses; I'm happy to help! Can you confirm the aspect ratio of the videos? We recommend using 16:9 for the best results.

If the issue persists, could I have you connect with us in a case so we can determine what's happening? We'll reach out soon after we hear from you.

Kim Merritt

Wow! I posted this issue on September 13, 2022. When no one through this method could figure this out, we talked face to face with Victor Reyes at Dev Learn back in October 2023 about this. It's still not fixed. It has never worked. I'd love it to work, especially since it works just fine for your videos in your Rise courses. Maybe you and Victor can get together and figure this out. Hopefully in less than another year.