Videos - transcripts

Jul 04, 2018

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can include a video transcript with a video in Rise?

In the VLE the videos have transcripts and captions and I'm looking at building a course within Rise to go on the VLE.

Thanks

Susan

19 Replies
Stephanie Frisbey-Roll

Hi!

I created a screen record video in Storyline and imported it into Rise, the issue I have is that I can't make the storyline interaction full screen in Rise.  Am I missing something somewhere? Otherwise, I will have to publish as an MP4 and figure out some other way to post the transcript?

Thanks!

Daniel Shannon

When I upload a transcript to a video, the first block appears: 

When I click the download icon or the filename, it open, but so does an "Untitled" browser tab, which references the name of the *.docx file I uploaded.  See the second image.

How do I stop it from spawning the "untitled" tab in the browser?  We're using Edge.

Lea Agato

Hi Daniel, it looks like you're uploading your transcript as a file in your course.  Clicking on an attachment block will download the attachment for your learner. If you aren't adding an attachment, can you share the exact steps you're following to upload your transcript?

Another option you can try is pasting the text of your transcript in an Interactive > Accordion block.

Andrew Longson

I've added an accordian block for a transcipt to a video which is just above it, but if you then have a divider e.g. saying that the interactions above must be completed, that means that the user must click the accordian transcript to continue, when of course it should be optional.

Any suggestions to ensure a video is watched, and the transcript is optional?

Thanks.