Wall until the right answer for students?

Dec 17, 2021

Hi, I'm David Gramling.
My question is in terms of building a wall that my students would have to enter the appropriate code before they can move on. So I would I would like to do is establish some sort of knowledge checker fill in the blank, contingent on them getting the information from the PDF above, or the link above that should send them more information but force my students to be stuck in that particular lesson with absolutely no way to move forward until they get the appropriate code so I know that they had completed the objective. I called articulate support, and was ask to reach out to the community, in the hopes that someone had built something similar. Can anyone give me any advice on how to proceed forward? Or any suggestions on what you have done similar. I also have Storyline 360 if this is a better option.
Thank you so much and I hope to contribute as well in the future to the community features.

1 Reply
Richard Watson

David,

I've created something that utilizes a code (numeric variable). You can see it in action here. The only catch is that someone who sees the code in the PDF document or on your web page can share it with everyone. I'm sure there are more secure ways of approaching this such as  (API, SQL backends, two-factor authentication, etc.) but this is something you can do easily within Storyline if you are OK with the limitations I just mentioned.

Hope this helps you with your project!

Richard