Where to launch business for my Articulate Rise 360 videos

Jan 03, 2023

Hi, I am desperate need to know where to park my car (analogy).  I have courses that I have built using Articulate Rise 360.  My business focuses on building a set of courses for different customers.  In addition I have stand alone courses in which the general public can purchase.  I am looking for a hosting platform that can support the ecommerce but also my SCORM/HTML files from Articulate Rise 360.  Appreciate any suggestions.  One note, looking for affordable options.

2 Replies
John Cooper

Hi Victor

We have been evaluating hosted LMS platforms recently - there are a LOT! But not all of them accept SCORM or XAPi format lessons. A couple of suggestions for one's you might want to put on your short list

Firstly - the least expensive is probably Moodle. There are a number of organisations that offer a hosted Moodle solution (MoodleCloud, MoodleLMS.etc..) Because Moodle itself is open source there is no cost to the software you just pay for the hosting. Typically 50 active users with 250Gb storage might cost $150 per year! Compared to $100 per month for some of the other platforms.

Of course, if you have a cloud server you can install and use Moodle completely for free!! We have installed it on our Cloud server and it's pretty easy to install and maintain.

Another lms we have been impressed with is LearnWorlds - it can handle SCORM and we particularly like the built in facility to build your own 'community' - easily links to your own website and has the e-commerce facilities needed. There is a free trail - and subscriptions are on offer at the moment:

https://learnworlds.grsm.io/profile2023

Best of luck - if you need any info about any of the others we may be able to help...

Victor Cuevas

Thank you for the feedback, your right every LMS is so expensive.  I might just need to launch a go fund me account just to host my content:)  I will check out learn worlds tonight.  Just a second ago I was looking at https://www.firmwater.com/ but the price is too much and a starter only supports 2 clients.  Again appreciate the feedback.