xAPI Full Capabilities in Rise

Sep 10, 2019

I'm building a number of Rise modules for a client and they love the platform, however they are looking for a solution that will allow them to capture robust metrics from the learning using xAPI to show how learners are interacting with the content. Examples include tracking Knowledge Check selections and attempts, interaction with audio, video and interactive blocks, etc. Currently the xAPI tracking in Rise is no different than what SCORM provides. Alternatively, could the content be exported in a way that allows developers to add in their own API statements post export? Data and analytics are becoming a massive ask from our clients and I'm still only able to accomplish this by building our own custom platforms. 

100 Replies
Cathie Miller

I would like to add a vote for this - including a very simple analytics-for-dummies- type user interface. ie. Tick all these things you want to see, and then when it's exported for a LMS, it will report what you want. Without needing to know how to program things to tell you or knowing anything about javascript, or having to program some type of reporting into a storyline file (Storyline is already complicated enough...) 

I'm sure I'm not the only person authoring courses on here that knows a lot about the content to deliver, a fair bit about education and engagement with learners, but has the bare minimum technical expertise to support that.  

Simon Smith

Little reminder for everyone that this thread is 4 1/2 years old.

The last time we had a response from an Articulate staffer was 3 years ago.

If you're going through a contract renewal cycle at the moment, and they're tying to sell you AI, you should probably keep this kind of feature abandonment in mind...