Rise question

Jan 26, 2018

Hello,

I am currently tasked to build four rapid eLearning courses.  My deadline is March 2nd.

I am thinking to build the course in Rise, but the course will need scripting and audio - is Rise capable of that? Or, should I build in Articulate 360?

Thank you,
Doye

23 Replies
Karin Rex

If you mean voiceover combined with animation (such as walking somebody through using an application), then you could do that in Storyline and bring it into Rise.

If you just mean that it will need audio files here and there, then you can record and insert audio file blocks.

If you mean something else...please provide more details.  Rise IS super fast!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Laree!

You can embed a voiced over PowerPoint file in Rise using Storyline 360. Here's how:

Give it a try, and let me know if you'd like some help along the way!

Laree Fordyce

Thank you.
I have done what you have outlined.
I can not see my published course in Rise??
Is this a subscription feature ?
I’m still in trial mode.

Thank you for your assistance.

Laree Fordyce, CCSH, RPSGT(BRPT), RST(ABSM), CCRP
Director, Clinical Sleep Services

Maple Respiratory Group Inc.
laree@maplerespiratory.com
C: 403.333.3157
N260, 6815 8th St. NECalgary Alberta Canada T2E 7H7

Get Outlook for iOS

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Laree! So sorry you're still having trouble.

First, let's check that you're using a recent update of Storyline 360. To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. What number do you see in the bottom-right corner?

Next, were you able to find the Storyline Block option in Rise? If so, what happened when you embedded the course in the Storyline Block?

Laree Fordyce

Hi there
Thank you.
V3.13.15006.0

No I can’t see that In Rise.
Is it because I need to purchase articulate?

Thank you

Get Outlook for iOS

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Laree,

The trial version of our software is the same as the purchased version, so you shouldn't have to purchase a subscription to see the Storyline content.

Did you have a chance to watch this video I recorded for you? That will show you what to do step-by-step. 

Also, be sure you're using one of these supported web browsers while working in Rise.

Laree Fordyce

Hi Alyssa,
I have followed it step by step. It works up until I have to open Rise. Maybe I am not opening Rise properly. I an going to Articluate home page and LAUNCH ing Rise from there.

[cid:image002.png@01D3B7AD.D919D390]

It does not show up. I get a blank course. This is the screen when I open Rise.
What am I doing wrong.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Laree Fordyce

Hi Alyssa,
This worked better but my voice over is lost when I do this.
Will this always be the case in blocks?

Thank you
I will attend the webinar next week!

Get Outlook for iOS

Laree Fordyce

I did this in PowerPoint
I clicked articulate after I opened ppt. Then narrative over the slides.
Then from articulate, I was able to send the link of my narrated PowerPoint.
Is this correct?

You can view the narration from the link

Get Outlook for iOS

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Laree,

When I opened that PowerPoint presentation, I didn't hear any audio on any of the slides. If you recorded the audio under the Articulate tab, then I'll want to see your Articulate Package. 

Go to the File tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click Share, and choose Articulate Package. Select the location where you want to save the file, then click Create Package. 

That process is going to create a zipped file. Could you share that zipped file with me? Thanks!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Laree.  Thanks for sharing the Presenter package so we could test the process from the beginning!

Initially, when I added the Storyline block, I didn't see hear the audio play automatically when I previewed in Rise.  I tested the Share URL just to be sure, and I did hear the audio there.  Check out my link and let me know if you hear the same.

When I went back to editing the Rise course, the Storyline block played the audio for me as expected.  I'm not sure why it didn't play on the first attempt, so we'll look into that.  

Let me know if your Rise Share URL launches the course properly with the Storyline audio intact.  If it does and you plan to host your content in a LMS, export your course and give it a shot there, too.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.