If you've worked with Engage ’09 you've probably noticed that when you create and publish a new interaction, your interaction slides have an animated appearance as the user moves through the interaction. For example, when a Pyramid interaction launches, the pyramid segments slide into place one at a time, building the pyramid from top to bottom. And when the user clicks on a segment, an arrow pointing to that segment is drawn onscreen, extending from the segment text to the segment.
If you want things to build in a less animated way, or you don't want animated transitions at all, you can change this easily in your interaction's properties.
Here's How to Change the Animation Style
- Open your interaction in Engage and select Interaction Properties.
- Choose the Colors and Effects tab on the left edge of the window.
- Under Animation Style, use the drop-down to select a different option:
- Full is the default. This means that each transition is fully animated, so that when a user moves through your interaction, elements on the screen appear to move into place in succession.
- Fade means that instead of movements, elements of the screen fade into place in succession.
- Appear means that all elements of the slide just appear at once; the screen doesn't build with any fades or animated movements at all.
- Click OK to save your changes. Next time you publish, your interaction will play using the transition style you selected.