Presenter ‘09 and Engage ‘09 work great together, and here’s an easy way to make it look like your interaction really belongs with the rest of your e-learning course. You can leverage PowerPoint’s slide masters in your presentation, and allow the master slide to show through in the background of your interaction. In this tutorial, we’ll see how to do it.
Stwp 1: Create and Apply a Master Slide in PowerPoint
First, think about what you want your master slide to look like. You might want to include a special slide background, a logo, a header or footer — it’s really up to you. To create the slide master, do this:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint and click the View tab on the ribbon.
- Select Slide Master.
- The slide master view opens up, where you can modify or add to any of the slide masters that already exist. Go ahead and paint the town. Create whatever look you want. Many developers like to create multiple master slides with a similar look — for example, they use one master for their title slide, another like-themed master for their content slides, and so on.
- Once you’re finished creating your slide masters, click Close Master View.
- Now apply a master slide to your Engage placeholder slide, and any other presentation slide where you want the master to appear:
- Right-click the slide thumbnail, then
- Choose Layout, and
- Click the master slide layout you want to apply.
Stwp 2: Tell Presenter to Let Your Master Slide Show Through
Now, tweak your presentation options to make sure that the master shows through on your Engage placeholder slides:
- On the Articulate menu, select Presentation Options.
- Select the Publish tab.
- Mark the box that says Include slide master behind quizzes and interactions.
- Click OK.
Step 3: Make Your Engage Background Transparent
Just one more thing to do: apply a transparent background to your Engage interaction:
- From the Engage placeholder slide in your presentation, click the Edit in Engage button in the lower-right corner.
- When your Engage interaction opens, use the Colors dropdown to select your color scheme. Then right-click your color scheme and choose Edit.
- When the color scheme editor appears, change the Background transparency to 100%. This will make the interaction background clear, so that the master slide in your Presenter project can show through.
- Click OK. If the color scheme you edited was one of Engage's standard schemes, you'll be prompted to enter a new name. This is because the standard schemes can't be edited — so if you do make a change, you need to call the color scheme by a new name, so that the standard color schemes are preserved.
- Click Save & Return to Presenter.
That’s all you need to do! Now, when you publish your project from Presenter, your master slide will show through in the background of your Engage interaction, like this: