Quizmaker ‘09’s slide masters are a great time-saving tool. They allow you to apply the same look and feel across multiple questions in your quiz or survey. Rather than tweaking each question separately, you just make your changes on a slide master, and Quizmaker applies those changes to whichever questions you choose. This gives you a lot of design power when you need your quiz or survey to have a nice, consistent appearance—or when you need to add or adjust something that affects all slides, like a logo or a copyright date.
Let's walk through the three steps involved in creating and applying a slide master.
Step 1: Open the Slide Master View
- Open your quiz or survey in Quizmaker.
- Open any question (it doesn't matter which one) by double-clicking on it.
- Choose Slide View.
- Select the View tab.
- Click Slide Master.
Any slide masters you've previously set up for this quiz will appear in the left column. If you haven't set any up yet, you'll see just a default slide master.
Step 2: Design Your Slide Master
Now that you're in slide master view, you can design your slide to look however you like.
- Use any of the tabs or buttons here to change the look of the master slide. Features here work the same as the options you'd use in Slide View if you were to edit an individual slide within your quiz.
- If you want to create multiple slide masters, just click the Insert Slide Master button. You can have as many slide masters as you like, even within the same quiz.
Tip: It's a good idea to name your slide masters, especially if you plan on using several similar masters within the same quiz or survey. This makes it easier to select and apply them later. To name a slide master, right-click on its thumbnail and choose Rename Master.
When you're done setting up your slide masters, click Close Master View.
Step 3: Apply the Slide Master to Specific Slides
Once you've created a slide master, you can apply it to any question in your quiz or survey:
- In Quizmaker, double-click your question to open it, and click Slide View.
- Click the Design tab.
- Your slide master will appear in the Themes area. If you've assigned a name to a slide master, you'll see it when you hover over its thumbnail. Right-click on the slide master and choose either Apply to All Questions or Apply Only to This Question.
- Click Save & Close to save your changes.
Now, anytime you go back to your slide master and alter it, the changes you make will carry over to all slides where you've applied that master.
Want to Reuse Your Slide Master in a Different Quiz?
Slide masters travel with your quiz file. But here's a cool thing: if you design a slide master that you particularly like, it's easy to re-use it in other quizzes. When you save it as a theme, it becomes available in any quiz you open. Here's what to do:
- Open a quiz question where you've applied the slide master you want to re-use.
- Select Slide View and choose the Design tab.
- Use the small arrow next to the Themes area of the toolbar to expand the list of themes:
- Select Save Current Theme.
- Choose a file name and click Save.
- Now open a different quiz where you want to reuse the theme you just saved.
- Double-click any question to open it. Then click Slide View and select the Design tab.
- Open the Themes drop-down and select the new theme from the Custom area to apply it to all slides in the quiz. Or, to apply it to just the current slide, right-click the them and choose Apply Only to This Question.