Quizmaker ‘09 offers a handy timer that allows you to enforce a time limit for how long users can take to complete your quiz or survey. Here’s how to enable the quiz timer:
- Open your quiz or survey in Quizmaker and select Quiz Properties.
- Click the Quiz Info tab on the left edge of the window.
- In the Time Limit area, mark the End quiz box, and enter how much time you want to give users to complete your quiz or survey.
- Click OK.
Once you publish, anytime users exceed the time limit while taking your quiz or survey, they'll get a message like the one below, indicating their time is up. For graded quizzes, any questions the user didn't have time to answer will be considered incorrect.
Displaying the Quiz Timer and Time Count in Your Player
If you apply a time limit, you can also set up Quizmaker to show a timer and a counter in the upper-right corner of your player. The timer looks like a little clock face, and it gives users a visual of how much time they have left. In this example, the person taking the quiz still has a little over four minutes remaining:
To display the quiz timer, do this:
- In Quizmaker, select Player Templates.
- Choose Edit.
- Select the Layout tab on the left edge of the window.
- In the Timer area of the window, mark the Display timer box if you want the timer icon to appear in your player.
- Use the Time Format dropdown to choose how (or if) you want Quizmaker to display the time:
- Click OK.