Quizmaker ’09 includes an option to publish your quiz content to Microsoft Word. Publishing to Word can be a nice tool for situations when you want to provide learners with a printable copy of your quiz or survey, or if you want to provide a copy of your content to a reviewer or a translator.
Here’s how to publish your Quizmaker quiz to Word:
- Open your quiz in Quizmaker and click Publish.
- Choose Word from the left edge of the window.
- For the Folder field, enter the location where you want your Word document to be created.
- For the Output type select one of the following:
- Full quiz details gives you a summary of the quiz properties, and for each question slide, you’ll see an image of the slide, the question type, the number of points it’s worth, the number of attempts allowed, the text of the question and the answer choices, the correct answer, and the feedback text. This is a good option if you want to provide your quiz content to a reviewer or a translator.
- Questions only is a good option if you want to create a printed quiz for your audience to complete with pen and paper. It includes the same information as Full Quiz Details, minus the summary of the quiz properties, the number of attempts allowed, information about the correct answer, and the feedback text.
- Click Publish.
That's all there is to it! Quizmaker creates your Word document in the folder you specified. Then you'll see this pop-up, and you can choose whichever option suits you:
- View Document: This opens your Word document in Microsoft Word so that you can take a look and make any edits you like.
- Email: This opens up a new email message with a zipped file of your Word document attached. This might be helpful if you need to share your quiz with an SME or other reviewer, or if you want to send the quiz to a learner who needs to complete it with pen and paper.
- FTP: This pops up a window where you can enter your FTP credentials and transfer your output to your website.
- ZIP: This creates a zipped file of your output.
- Open Folder: This opens a file viewer where you can see the file Quizmaker just created, so that you can move, rename, or copy it.