Quizmaker ‘09 gives you some easy time-saving tools to help you get more mileage out of your work. Here are three ways you can reuse quiz questions and other attributes across multiple quizzes.
Option #1: Use a Quiz Template
One option is to set up a quiz template that can serve as a boilerplate for future quizzes. New quizzes based on a quiz template will basically be a carbon copy of the template. They'll inherit the same intro slides, results slides, blank slides, color themes, slide backgrounds, fonts, and questions. Quiz templates are especially handy if you use Quizmaker to build an elearning scenario that you want to tweak or customize for different audiences.
Here’s how to create one:
- In Quizmaker, open the quiz that you'd like to use as a template for future quizzes.
- Click the Articulate button in the upper-left corner and select Save As.
- Navigate to the location where you want to store the quiz template.
- If you like, enter a new name in the File name field. (If you don’t enter a new name, the template will just inherit the same name as the original quiz. The only difference will be the file extension.)
- Use the Save as type dropdown to specify the file as a Quizmaker Template.
- Click Save.
- Next time you launch Quizmaker, you'll see your new quiz template in the New from quiz template area of the launch screen.
To start a new quiz based on that template, just click on the template name. A new quiz will open, containing all the same questions and attributes as the quiz template.
Note: The option to start a new quiz based on a quiz template is only available if you start Quizmaker on its own. If you start Quizmaker from within Articulate Presenter, you won’t see the launch screen above.
Option 2: Import Questions from Another Quiz
If you've created a quiz and you want to reuse only some of the questions in a new quiz, another option is to import the questions you choose. Here are the steps to take:
- In Quizmaker, open the quiz where you want to import questions. (It can be a new quiz or an existing one.)
- Click the Import Questions icon in the toolbar.
- Navigate to the quiz that contains the questions you want to import, and click Open.
- Quizmaker shows a list of the questions in that quiz. Mark the questions you want to import. The buttons here make it quick and easy:
- Once you've marked the questions you want to import, click OK.
Quizmaker adds the imported questions to your quiz, and now you can rearrange their order, or move them into question groups, to suit your needs.
Option #3: Copy Questions from Within the Same Quiz
Sometimes you'll want to copy and tweak a question right in the current quiz you're working on. You can easily copy and paste any question in your question list:
- With your quiz open in Quizmaker, right-click the question you want to copy.
- Select Duplicate Question.
Quizmaker adds a copy of your question right below the original one. You can click and drag the question to move it to anywhere in your question list that you choose.