In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to add videos and web objects to your Presenter 360 courses.
Watch this video demo, then follow the activities below to practice.
Video content is a great way to engage learners, and Presenter 360 makes it easy to import video files, embed website videos, and even record videos with your webcam.
In this activity, we’ll add a video file to a slide.
- Open the PowerPoint folder in your practice files, then open the Presenter_Practice1.pptx file and go to slide 8.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and choose Add Slide Video from File.
- Browse to the Video folder in your practice files and import the womancoffee.mp4 file.
- When the video properties window appears, click OK to complete the process.
- Resize the video placeholder so it fits nicely with the other slide content.
- Now preview your slide to see how it looks. Go to the Articulate tab on the ribbon and click Preview.
To learn more about adding and editing videos in Presenter 360, see these user guides:
- Adding a Video from a File
- Adding a Video from a Website
- Adding a Video from a Webcam
- Editing a Video
- Adjusting Video Properties
Not only can you add videos to the slides in your course, but you can also add videos to the sidebar of your course player (one sidebar video per slide). Let’s try it.
- Go to the slide 9 in your presentation.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and choose Add Sidebar Video.
- Browse to the Video folder in your practice files and import the TalkingHead-Demo.mp4 file.
- When the video properties window appears, click OK to complete the process. A thumbnail image of the video file will appear to the left of your slide as a visual indicator that the slide has a sidebar video.
- Preview the slide to see what your sidebar video looks like. (Note: Sidebar videos are currently supported in the standard desktop player but not the responsive mobile player.)
To learn more about adding sidebar videos, see this user guide.
Bring the power of the web to your course by embedding web-based applications, games, videos, references materials, and more.
- Go to slide 11 in your presentation.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon and click Web Object.
- Enter https://blogs.articulate.com/rapid-elearning in the Address field and click OK.
Presenter will add a placeholder rectangle to the slide, which you can size and position to fit your course. When you publish, the placeholder will be replaced with the actual web content.
Web objects aren’t supported in preview, so you’ll need to publish your course to interact with your web objects.
To learn more about adding and editing web objects, see this user guide.
In this tutorial, you learned how easy it is to enhance your Presenter 360 courses with videos and web objects.
In the next tutorial, you’ll learn how to add interactivity with PowerPoint hyperlinks and work with Presenter 360 slide properties, such as branching.