No matter what industry you find yourself in, there’s a good chance you’ll need to cover a health and safety topic at some point—hello, workplace hazards and injuries. 😬 When it comes to health and safety, the e-learning content you’re working with may literally save lives. With content that important, you want to make sure your learners are paying close attention.
In the examples below, we look at how some of your fellow E-Learning Heroes Community members took critical content and made it more engaging—and even fun!
- See how Ray Cole uses simulations to move learners from theoretical to practical learning on the topics of Hazardous Waste, Electrical, and Compressed Gas Safety.
- 911, what’s the emergency? This clever mobile phone simulation by David Crocker teaches learners what number to dial to contact poison control.
- Check out this scenario-based workplace safety course from Josh Goodswen. Choose your character and identify each hazard in each part of the office building.
- Who doesn’t want to help save the world? Joanna Kurpiewska uses number variables to create a board game-style quiz that gives learners the chance to save the day against a pesky virus.
- Amar Kulshreshtha’s drag-and-drop example shows a creative way to add learner engagement to an otherwise static list of health tips.
- Wait wait . . . don’t skip me! Nicole Legault shows us how to ensure learners aren’t skipping through required safety training content in this comprehensive Rise 360 course.
How are you engaging learners on vital health and safety topics? Share your work in this E-Learning Challenge. Then hop on over to our Building Better Courses forum for more course design inspiration and thoughtful discussions with other e-learning pros.