The FAQ interaction in Engage 360 lets users discover answers to frequently asked questions. Use the FAQ interaction to:
- Answer commonly asked questions.
- Let learners search for solutions to problems.
- Review subject matter in a question-and-answer format.
- Exploring the Editor
- Adding Questions to a FAQ Interaction
- Renaming Questions
- Rearranging Questions
- Deleting Questions
- Adding Content to Questions
- Enabling a Search Field in the Published Interaction
The FAQ editor has three columns with the following panels:
Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage questions for the FAQ interaction.
Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each question.
Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
Each step in FAQ interactions is called a question. To add a question, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the FAQ tab on the ribbon and click Add Question.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the currently selected question(s).
New questions get added just below the question that's currently selected in the Steps panel—unless the summary is selected, in which case new questions get added above it.
Tip: FAQ interactions can have an unlimited number of steps.
To rename a question, do either of the following:
- Double-click the question in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Type the new question text and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the question in the Steps panel, then type the new question text in the title field at the top of the text panel.
Tip: You can rename the introduction or summary in the same way.
To change the order of questions, select one or more questions in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the questions will be dropped when your mouse button is released.
- Go to the FAQ tab on the ribbon, click Move Question, then select Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: The introduction and summary can't be moved.
To delete a question, select it in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the FAQ tab on the ribbon and click Delete Question.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: You can't delete the introduction or summary, but you can hide them.
To add text, audio, and media to each question in your interaction, see these user guides:
You can add a search field to your FAQ interactions to make them easier to navigate. When enabled, the search field appears in the upper right corner of your published output.
To enable the search field, do the following:
- Go to the FAQ tab on the ribbon and click Interaction Properties.
- Select the FAQ tab on the left side of the window.
- Mark the box to Enable search.
- Click OK.